Saturday 6 June 2015

Skipping Sad News...

Sadly this March my wonderful Mother in Law, Joan passed away.

We were broken hearted, 
she was a very private lady and it simply hasn't felt right to create a post here about it.
That is not saying we did not love her or that we do not miss her, it is just respecting the person she was.

After such heart-ache we spent April quietly at home but in May we needed something to lift our spirits.

I have a firm belief that the sea has theraputic properties...not just the actual waters but for me the smell of the sea, the sound of the waves and the feel of the sand.

So we took a Day Trip to Bournemouth.
We arrived and it was chilly, very cloudy but we were happy enough


And then the skies began to clear

We had the beach to ourselves and we splashed till every single one of was wet through!


Loopy our very own mermaid was the wettest of all and had the best time in the shallows



Bob took on the hard job of keeping watch


we all felt the sun on our cheeks, the sand in our toes and joy in our hearts





We wandered along the beach front to the town and I couldn't help but day-dream about spending a summer living out of one of these



Just to prove that I really was there!


We had a lovely day, we wrote names in the sand for the sea to wash out and headed home tired n happy.

***





2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your sad news - it makes us feel quite wistful I think. Dom's mum died a couple of years ago and I realised that I had known her for nearly thirty years - nearly as long as I had known my own mum before she died. It is lovely that you have the memories
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your sad news - it makes us feel quite wistful I think. Dom's mum died a couple of years ago and I realised that I had known her for nearly thirty years - nearly as long as I had known my own mum before she died. It is lovely that you have the memories
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x