Friday 17 July 2015

Pallet gardening...

There's a lot on the internet about pallet transformations.
Last year I had grand plans to turn 2 old pallets into veg boxes, I got as far as whacking them with a hammer n nails then they sat at the bottom of the garden.

The bottom of my garden is a no go area, over-run by weeds and a very wobbly/unsafe shed.
There they sat.

Que me finding instagram 
{I know always late to the party}

and no longer did they look like fire pit material
{not that I have a fire pit...yet}

I set my sights low and aimed to get one done

so I made a start,
gave it a good clean and stuck in situ

Popped along to Homebase, 11cm terracotta pots just 59p each {Bargain}

add a few plants and already a huge improvement


unable to paint though till the weather drys out.

I've chosen Cuprinol Urban Slate

Should show the flowers off nicely


This one needs dragging up


a few more pots/plants {begonias next}, a lick of wood stain and I'll be happy with them.

Then it's onto the next pallet project...
The space where the mouldy pallet is a real little sun trap, catching the very last rays of sunshine in my garden...
but it is SO UGLY!



I made a half-hearted start one year by painting the fence, but that was as far as I got.  
If you had seen the state of the whole garden you would know it was the least of my worries.

But it would be nice to be able to sit down there. 
I have high hopes of crochet projects being hooked away whilst I relish those last few drops of sunshine gold.

So as always with a limited budget I plan to make a pallet seat!
Two pallets should do it, a wedge of foam...
I think it can realisticly be done...nothing a bit of brute force, a cuppa tea and a hammer/drill can't sort out...surely?

Hopefully once {if} that is done I can move to the space down by the shed but that will more likely carry onto next years planning/budgeting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x