Friday 28 June 2013

I have been keeping up with 'keeping house'.  I started taking photo's as evidence but I no longer need that push to keep going, so all I have are these few meagre offerings.

Like the rest of the house the kitchen is too small; notice the clutter on the window sill has been dramatically reduced?  


See at least 80% of it gone!  And spot the washing getting folded...


The floor downstairs is getting cleared twice a day, once when I get back from the school run and hoover then a final clear once the kiddos are tucked up in bed.


The dining table however is not such a success story, it is getting cleared but it is still the holding area for things on their way to a more permanent home


I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of more vintage bread bins, the red one is a vintage Tala one and has it's original lid.  It was and still is in a sad state, but the red inside the lid is still eye popping and gives a lovely glimpse into what it would have looked like new in the kitchen


The other one is earlier, I would hazard a guess at the 1920's by the font and the fact that the lettering is embedded into the bin.  Sadly no lid but after a lovely soapy wash it has come up lovely

I've left it a bit late now to plant them up and have put them into Priddy stock, but Im not so secretly hoping that anyone wants to re-home them!  I quite fancy turning them into blueberry bushes next year...strawberries this year are looking good so far


As always ticking along quite nicely
xxx







2 comments:

  1. Our dining table is just the same, and usually with clean laundry on it's way upstairs.
    Love those bread bins. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today {Sat} is the day that it gets cleared...see how long it lasts for!
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x