Sunday 30 June 2013

Clear Table and...

Tidy shelves.

Boring but keeping me happy.

Cleared the dining table {again}, we'll see how long it stays like that though.  I gave it a sand down but there was no escaping that it needed a clean coat of paint...so shortly after this photo it was wearing a nice clean white coat!  Much nicer than the pen and paint stained mess it was.


Did you spot my freshly painted Ercol chair as well?  
It has been a shade of blue for the past couple of years but I've never been that happy with the shade it was...so I mixed myself a turquoise I was happy with


It's twin chair is waiting to get a fresh coat as well and I 'think' I'll give the other Ikea chairs a bit of a freshen up by lightening this shade, more pastel.  Or I may just go with the original bright turquoise that the paint is?  
Ye Gads woman can I never just make a decision?

While I had the table out sanding it I gave my little shelves a bit of a cheer up...putting the Spring sign away {finally}


I spotted in Marks and Spencer the other day that they have a nice range of new tins to celebrate the Queens 60 years on the throne...a bit pricey at £5, but full of yummy shortbread.  
There is also a VERY pretty one which is £10 and has what sounds like a very tastie fruit cake in it...but I can't bring myself to spend a tenner on a tin!!

I've made a start on painting the woodwork, slow progress though. The lounge is getting cleared, the bike made it upstairs {?!}, Priddy stock bits went into the loft...but still quite a few bits to put to bed.  Progress in this house it seems is at a slower pace than I would like!

We've enjoyed some amazing sunny weather and the kiddos have spent every possible minute outside, riding bikes, scooters, kicking footballs and just simply running around like little loonies! 

This week the aim is to keep up the progress, ask Bob to get the pressure washer out so I can hose the patio, path and wall etc down.  Paint the chairs and do a bit more painting of woodwork.
   
No cost involved only a bit of elbow grease!


2 comments:

  1. Good morning dear
    I love that chair and of course the lovely colour - love your shelves too. It is pleasing when everything is given a freshen up - sadly in our house that look does not last for long so I enjoy it when I can.
    I am very much looking forward to seeing your garden - I have dug out some very old garden photos of ours and it was truly terrible. I will do a post about the awfulness of it!
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x