Saturday 2 July 2011

Vintage Market...

We took a little trip over to the lovely (and today) sunny 
Stony Stratford for this...


You just know it's going to be your cup of tea when one of the first things you see is this...
be still my beating heart...and I'm not even a lover of all things pink!

Want to see some more???


Well there was outside...


and there was even a bit more inside...


Lots of lovelies to choose from


Fonzy was the king of cool through the whole thing


***

After several trips around the stalls we had a wander into the town and it is just gorgeous!  I haven't been to such a friendly town in years!

A lovely shop lady recommended a 5min walk to eat our picnic and boy o boy was it worth it.  
We found a little river and park where we could sit down and enjoy the sun whilst having our sarni's and letting Fonzy have a run around
Lolly was a love and gave Fonzy several tiggy backs!

I think I can safely say we thoroughly enjoyed the day!

but...
what you might ask did I come home with...

Well for a Vintage Handmade Fair the prices were excellent, the usual seems to be to crank up the price once either Vintage or Handmade is added to anything...not so today

So although I was surprisingly good I did find a couple of gorgeous buys to bring home with us...
Well I obviously bought him home with me but its what he's sat on that I picked up!
This lovely little bench with a handmade cushion to boot
The Charlie and Lola set of 3 tins was from a local shop and had 70% of the RRP!  The little shakers were from a charity shop and I bought a fair few as they were complete bargains.
Finally the little wooden boxes in the back - well they're for the kids to use in the home corner/shop/kitchen.  Genuine fruit boxes from the market for  FREE!  Just wish I could have carried more of them - the grocer was lovely and would have happily let me take the lot (he just breaks them up and bins them at the end of the day)
All in all I spent £25! 
Money well spent I think for such a lovely day out

***









1 comment:

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x