Wednesday 27 July 2011

Baggy Pants...

Day 3 of the Summer Holiday here and I've managed to whip a pair of Fonzy Pants up!
Not sure how I got the time?  Might have something to do with the little ones all outside playing with their friends, with Fonzy shouting instructions from the front lawn!

I've just put Fonzy down for a nap, a bit late but it was hard to drag him away from his buddies out there; so not only are they fresh off the machine but they've been photo'd and getting blogged in the same day?
Unheard of.

So Fonzy Pants aka Baggy Pants...although not so baggy since he rarely wears a nappy under them now (but thats a whole new post)

I have a heap of gorgeous, medium weight black linen in my little stash.  I was saving it for a winter skirt for Loopy, but in truth there is soo much of it that I will get a dozen projects out of it.
I like the contrast stitching...

I'm not sure what it is but whenever Fonzy spots the camera he HAS to do silly little faces!
He is far from camera shy, loves having his photo taken, but it's proving impossible to get a regular photo of him if he's aware that the camera is around...
See how versatile the trousers are?  Bending and stretching are all possible in them.

and of course the silly, but totally loveable silly eyes and smile pose!

Being linen Im hoping that they'll be cool on the warmer days and being black that they wont show the inevitable state of dirt that this little boy seems to live in.

***

On a side note I've treated myself and the two middle ones!  RV is going to soccer school next week and is super excited.  One week of pure footy fun for a footy addict; what could be better?
Loopy is now booked in to one day a week summer camp starting tomorrow!  Lolly went to the camp a couple of years back and loved every minute of it...they have everything from swimming, archery and quads etc so bound to find something she'll enjoy.
Harvey is also going along for the one day a week .
A treat for us all...I get some rare 1 on 1 time with Fonzy.  A chance to enjoy just being together, track building, playing marble run, playing cars, scootering.
I may take him to the pool by ourselves as well to help build his confidence for the more noisey, splashy family visits.

And Im not ashamed to say I will either nap myself or do a bit of crafting during his nap time.  
The first year that I've not been working that the little ones have spent time away from me during the holidays...I know I'm going to enjoy it but I am aware the house will be far too quiet for one day a week for the next couple of weeks...so I'll just learn to embrace that temporary calm.

***




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x