Sunday 12 June 2011

Rainy day in London: part 1 The British Museum

What to do on a rainy day?  
Take a day trip!
First stop a trip to 

The weather really was dire, constant rain
but the building is breath taking


A bit too cold and wet for one of these but the vintage wagon was very cute

Once you step into the grand hall it really has the WOW factor and impressed all of us


I've never been before, I've seen numerous photos but the scale of it is hard to convey


Onwards to the rooms, too many to list by name (sorry) but lots and lots to see...

Egyptians















Romans




Easter Island


Totems in the Grand Hall



Having H meant a rare photo of us together, for love nor money could we entice RV into a photo today...Loopy on the other hand was more than willing to pop into our photos and also anyone else who had a camera in their hands!


One final parting shot of that amazing ceiling






2 comments:

  1. Hi. A friend recommended your blog as a great one to follow. And it is! (not that I doubted my friend).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for popping by, glad you enjoy sharing our days with us!
    I love the idea of blogging your progress for your big trip. Definately be popping over to see how you're getting on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x