Saturday 11 June 2011

Never far away...

from our thoughts and our hearts



I found one of Grans old hankies last night and it still smelt of her, the comforting smell that saw me through almost 40years.  I popped the hankie in Fonzy's pillow case to remind him of Gran - I feel so sad that he wont remember knowing her that he wont remember the love she lavished on him, on all of us.

I miss her every day, lately I've missed her more so.  
Some days I close my eyes and expect her to see her when I open my eyes - it's a vice on the heart every time she's not there.

Royal Ascot next week and she would of had a little flutter at the bookies, then sat urging the horses on whilst watching it on the TV.  Perhaps I'll have a flutter for her this year!

I'm not moping or being maudlin but I am remembering what can be no more and some days/weeks that seems harder than others.


***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x