Sunday 27 October 2013

Well Hello October...


October is here already!

Oh my Oh my
Not only just here but almost gone!
The kiddos all went back to school, looking smart in their uniforms



I have kept these hands busy since littlest man started school...
the woodwork downstairs has mostly been glossed to within an inch {a horrible smelly and for me messy job but one that's oh so satisfying when done.}
Lots of 'Wet Paint' signs around the house

We went and we found conkers this year!
Enough to create our very own neighbourhood conkering tournament!!





Cupboards have been cleared, tidied and given new order.  

A trip to the local dump to recycle what we could and 'dump' what we couldn't.  

Boxes {oh lots of boxes} have been filled and my eldest has now almost cleared the house of her 'stuff'.  Funny how this 'stuff' was so important that we couldn't clear it previously but now it looks to be heading her way, to her own tidy little flat it is suddenly not so important!

I'm barely managing to pick up a crochet hook in, but, I have a blanket to finish, mittens for me to start and another blanket planned out in my mind waiting.

I have managed to make a few batches of delicious soups

We have also been making weekly home made pizzas, the dough recipe is from the Jamie Oliver 'Save' book, although I've used a mix of 50/50 bread flour and plain flour.  Really delicious, it's had the thumbs up from RV's friends, my older and younger kiddos and even Bob!  


It seems that this time of year is offering some spectacular sunrises and sunsets...
pinks, purples and shades in-between






Non of these images have been photo-shopped, just straight off the camera.

The air is nippy, some mornings on the school run it's been downright chilly.  Other days we've been walking to school in jumpers and home in short sleeve tops.  
The weather has been mild for the season {so far anyways!}

As you may have guessed the little computer came home, eventually after PC World managed to 'lose' it in their system for almost 2weeks.  But I'm too chilled to bare a grudge, I am just glad that it is home...
fingers crossed I will make a better job of blogging through November than I did for Sept/Oct.

Gearing up for 'Day of the Dead' {Halloween} and Guy Fawkes night.







2 comments:

  1. The skies have been amazing haven't they? We've had lots of rainbows here as well as the fabulous sunrises and sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Ladybirds this year are everywhere, it's been lovely finding them in unexpected places.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x