Wednesday 15 June 2011

A breakthrough in home edding...

Oh my goodness I am just so very excited and happy!

Today we had a wonderful breakthrough in our home-edding adventure.  
Today Loopy has made a tremendous leap of learning and I was there!
Today is the confidence boost that I needed, today has allayed my worries, today has made me feel 10' tall!

Today Loopy learnt that the sounds we look at (letters) make words.  We've done it before and she could do it, but today it made sense to her.

Not only one word but more, so for us 
that 
fat
cat 
sat 
on a 
mat

and she knew how to sound that out and she knew how to write it out, and she knew what it meant and she knew we enjoyed doing it!

And there was more! I know when we get a breakthrough we really get a breakthrough!!

Loopy sounded out and wrote dad, without help or guidance from me.
Now that wonderful bit of paper has been transformed into a wonderful Fathers Day card ready for this weekend.


I have been having HUGE doubts about home schooling for us, feeling I wasn't doing enough, not pushing her into things, not actively sitting at the table everyday.
The enormity of the task at hand had overwhelmed me and the more I worried and thought about it the less able to do something about it I felt.
Turns out we were & are doing enough for us, we are just doing it at Loopy's pace.

To the tutters out there I blow 'a big fat wet raspberry' to you
and to me I say 'trust yourself it takes time but you will get there' and to Loopy I say
'thank you for sticking with me and showing me how we can do things'

It's not all plain sailing and there's a lot more to learn yet but today was an amazing day

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful and Congratulations all round! and don't forget the shoelaces either.. it took me till I was about 7 to master them, Loopy is very bright she will continue to amaze us all - xx Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, popping over from GP :)What excitement is that? Reading will open a whole new world to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Nice to see you here Isil - we are (well I'm) super excited! Still a while off reading but wow what a buzz to help her get to this point!
    *Sis (Jackie)I forgot about the laces! She does more than I remember, stuff I just take for granted

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking the time.
I am sorry about having to ask you to prove you're not a robot but for some reason I am having a LOT of spam nowadays {and we're not talking fritters!}
Nicky
x